Irish Winds

Ireland Tunisa Italy France 9 weeks

Name:
Location: Canada

I like to think I am cool, and that I do cool things. But I just do things, and what you think is your business.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Guinness is Good for You.

Rise : 7:30 am [ more accuratly 8 ]

Walked to Phoenix park.

This is Dublin's playground - the largest urban enclosed park in Europe, with a Circumference of 11km (7m) and a total area of 712 hectares (1,760 acres). Situated 3km (2m) west of the city centre. Ornamental gardens, nature trails, and broad expanses of grassland, separated by avenues of trees, including oak, beech, pine, chestnut, and lime. Livestock graze peacefully on pasturelands, deer roam the forested areas, and horses romp on polo fields.


We were in search of the roaming deer. We saw one. Its not like the deer we have in Canada at all. It looked small, with more markings. Its antlers were tall, not wide. its reminded me of a reindeer. yes, Rudolph., maybe even Prancer, as thats how it seemed to be walking.
After the walk in the park we decided to stop for a sandwich at a local place onthe way home. John being the Sandwich Hoarder that he is [ Horan the Hoarder] made me wait until we got home to eat it. Its about 930 - 10 am. I have been awake for like 3 hours give or take a few minutes and we have been walking around for like 2 hours. I am hungry, but oh no.. we haveta wait. The sandwch was good when i was finally allowed to eat it. One of the best i have had. We ate it on the roof.

Later that afternoon [ after a nap of course] I wandered the streets of Dublin alone. Found my way to the Guinness Storehouse for a tour of how the black stuff is made. It includes a free pint at the top. a bar that is a panoramic view of the city. I got my free pint. and while it was settling one of the staff came up to me and asked. Is this your beer miss? yes. thats shite. and then he proceeded to dump it out. he then poured me another. said he couldn't stand to serve a shite looking beer. [ apperantly the head had flowed over a bit] I guess what they say is true. The Irish really do take pride in their beer.

Got back to the apartment in time to leave for Dinner. Debbie Horan's house for some Lasagna. Home made of course. and it was Delicious. She is a fabulous host, and very entertaining. Barry and John seem convinced that we were ganging up, but in fact we don't , Women never do that. I never did get to see any baby pictures, so how bad could it have been?

Only a few more days left in Dublin. We have rented a car [ to pick up on Tuesday ] to take on our road trip around Ireland. County Clare, Northern Ireland, New Grange..... all of it while driving on the left side of the road. and John here doesn't even have his permit, so i'll be driving.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home