Irish Winds

Ireland Tunisa Italy France 9 weeks

Name:
Location: Canada

I like to think I am cool, and that I do cool things. But I just do things, and what you think is your business.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Lags from jets

So, i think that i have suffered a bit of jet lag. I havn't been sleeping at night. I lay there, and rest, and am not quite awake, but at the same time, am not asleep. everynight has been a bit better and i think that soon i will be welcoming the nightime to get some decent shut eye.

I find that those people who dont travel alot spend all their time going and going. seeing all there is to see. \i enjoy doing the touristy things. like yesterday. went into 'town' as they call it. saw big ben and picadilly circus. used the toilets at the canadian embassy... haha if they aren't going to let me in, who is? the guy didn't even wanna see my passport. he told me i sounded canadian enough. so if you are ever in london and can pull off a good canuck accent.. you're in. not without a security check first however. even had to remove ye old belt.

also went on the big eye. a very very large ferris whell type machine that goes around and when you are at the top you can see very far into the smog that is london. \My snot has been all sorts of colors since i arrived.

saw tarfalgar square and had some pigeons land on my head. and on my arms and everywhere. a guy gave me some peanuts and then i looked like a mighty fine treat. i took some pictures of ti all.. mostly for the benefit of my sister in law who LOVES birds so much.

but then are the days where i dont want to do anything touristy. i just want to sit and eat at a local restaurant.. just be part of the new city i am in. today was kind of like that. went for some breakfast. went for a walk in the park. walked through a very very freaky graveyard that iw ill take picture of. and just chilled in the quaint little place i am in. house sitting is great. gives it more of a home feel. and this house is so cute. the water is awesome. when i go home and someone asks me.. what did you do i london. i will be content with just saying.. i was just... there. i was there. i existed. i lived. not.. well on day one i spent from this hour to this hour doing this and this and this...... i am here. i am enjoying it emensely. i will see things, i may miss a few. but over all...i wont feel i missed out. cuz i made it here.

i have about 9 more days in london. going to see notting hill, maybe catch a movie there as i hear the theatre is amazing. i want to catch a bus or the tube and get off somewhere that sounds cool and wander around. people watch.

either way, it'll be fun.
until later....

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

if you can ...make it there you'll make it anywhere...?

I passed on the message.

have fun. Thanks for the pigeon pict.

s

Sat Oct 08, 05:39:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how useful re you finding your Euros now that you are in london? When you finally get to Dublin, i am sure your friend will eb a better guide but you definately ahve to go to the guiness brewery,and the Brazenhead pub I felt was pretty cool. And London, Belushis is a pretty swinging traveller bar, near London Bridge, there is a hostel there by name of St. Christopher I believe. if You get to Germany, take a picture of building 57, in Weitenung woudl be interested to see what my old house looks like.
HAve fun,
Marshall
ps where is my pidgeon pic?

Sat Oct 08, 06:52:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're having a wonderful trip. Montreal is fab too... look forward to reading more updates

T

Sat Oct 08, 07:55:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... if you are in Switzerland, do stop by. Will put the fondue pot on and have the cheese melted for your arrival.
Tracy

Sun Oct 09, 08:07:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home