Irish Winds

Ireland Tunisa Italy France 9 weeks

Name:
Location: Canada

I like to think I am cool, and that I do cool things. But I just do things, and what you think is your business.

Monday, November 07, 2005

News

Ok so I have a few minutes here to write a brief update. We went to pick up the car and then proceeded to move John out of his apartment. that took pretty much all day and by the end of it i felt pretty stressed out about driving. driving all day on the wrong side of the road in a busy city all the while having no idea which way i am going is an easy way to get yourself committed. The next day we left for our journey around Ireland.

First stop was New Grange. A large mound in the ground that is something like a Buriel Chamber that gets lit up by the sun on Dec 21 the winter solstice. It was fascinating to be in. and there are carvings in the rcks from people who have visited there," murphy was here 1830 " some things never change.

Been spending the nights in B&B's. I dont know if i have been in one previous to this trip. but they are very comfortable and the 'full irish' breakfast that is includedis very very tatsy, but has no shortage of grease.

The country side here is very beautiful and though it is autumn and the leaves are changing, it still seems very green. Its cold by Irish standards but i find that I am hot more often then not. The roads are all small winding country roads. I dont find driving on the left that different anymore. driving is driving and I feel that after 9 + years of drving on the right side of the road, I adjusted well and quickly. I am sure other people have different opinions.

I have seen loads of other things here too, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery, Carrick-a-rede rope bridge [ didn't go on, was closed and very very swindy], Toor Head, Drove through Belfast. There are loads of military outposts in Northern Ireland and they use the same money as in England. [ Northern Ireland is actually a different country then the Republic.

I'll have to write a more detailed post in the future. am having great time, have some great pictures of the counrty side and even one of Scotland since you can see it from the coast of Ireland up north.




The wether has been alright, lots of rain of course but breaks in it enough for us to gt outside and see the sights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. 'Rabbit'son said...

sounds like you are having a really awesome time. i'm still super envious. can't wait to see the new pictures when you post them, even better: i can't wait to see you when you get back. i miss having you during all my many criseses.

T

Mon Nov 07, 03:50:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home